Thursday, November 13, 2008

I just love Hebrews 11 its one of my favorite books in all the bible it is just amazing to me to read about these guys from our past who dreamed and lived and poured out there lives in hopes of a better city, a city that is not going anywhere a country where God is the king. They all died waiting to have what we have and to see the things we see. what is it we see....
what if heaven is not that far away, what if its not some far away place? What if its just behind the veil? just one step away? just one breath away? doesnt what Jesus said make so much more sense that way? doesnt the bible make more sense that way? what if Jesus really meant what He said when He said "the kingdom of God is inside you?" What if it really is that close, what if it really is that accessible? what if all we have to do is close our eyes and believe like a little child, after all Jesus said to enter the kingdom of God you must be like a little child.

Just a little something to chew on
God bless people of God

p.s. I also noticed how often the apostles prayed in the epistles ( not to mention Jesus) that we would have our spiritual eyes opened. Like if we could just see into this kingdom we would have no problem rejecting hating the things of this world and we would live only for that kingdom.

Jesus said " I only do what I see my Father do."
and it is testified about Him by the psalmist "I saw the Lord always before my face and always at my right hand that I might not be shaken
Hebrews 11 says moses saw the Lord who was invisible.

Lord Jesus may you open our eyes and hearts to your beauty. As the old hymn says "turn your eyes upon Jesus and the things of this earth grow strangely dim"

No comments: