Sunday, November 9, 2008

back to blogging

Hello whoever!
Ok Louis here again starting my blog back up again. I just have so much on my heart i just have to share it and since I dont know where to start im just going to break it up into small messages each time I write. And just maybe someone will come on a check it out!

So heres a recent meditation: Spirit upon us or Spirit in us

I always had this suspicion there were two kinds of annointings, like an inward one and an outward one, but I couldnt proove this scripturally apart from Where Jesus talks about those who did sighns and wonders and prophecied but He said to them "I never knew you". They had an annointing for ministry no doubt but still missed Jesus.
I realized to be empowered into ministry you must be "clothed with power from on high", just as the apostles were told by the Lord. Jesus Himself started His ministry after the Holy Spirit came upon Him, and He would come upon Him for healing as well as we read later in the gospels, so that is outward, like wearing the ability of God to do the impossible.
Yet we are also told "be filled with the Holy Spirit" to be filled must be inward its not possible to fill the outside of something. 1 John talks about an inward annointing that teaches us all things. So I realized that the outward annointing can be present without the inward annointing. For example you can go out and do annointed ministry and go home feeling empty inside.
One thing i do know is that our inward annointing is based on our relationship to our Father. Someone who is filled with the Holy Spirit loves. period. Thats the mark of someone filled with the Spirit. We dont just get filled once we gotta keep getting filled with His love and keep that lamp burning!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Louis,

Great blog.....it really made me start thinking again my life and my walk with God. I guess in the midst of the storm God is still listening. Thank you for coming back to blogging..

God Bless
Vanessa