Saturday, June 14, 2008

Thirsty?

This is the cry of the heart of God the Father to you:
"Come everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; he who has no money come, buy and eat! Come buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend your money on that which is not bread, and your labour for that which does not satisfy? "
We are such a hungry and restless people we have desires that cannot be quieted these desires we spend our lives striving and working ourselves to the death to try and fulfill. But it doesnt work, we draw from the water of this world and it leaves us empty and thirsty again everytime. Look at the woman at the well; she drew from the waters of this world all her life thinking that the right man would satisfy the thirst inside her. It left her empty and thirsty, five men and her soul was not yet satisfied. Jesus said " If you knew the gift of God and who it is that is saying to you, 'give me a drink,' you would have asked Him and He would have given you living waters." and "Everyone wh, but whoever drinks of this water will be thirsty again but whoever drinks of the water that I give will never be thirsty forever."
We labour and spend our lives for things that will not satisfy as a child of God so many times I have gone to broken cysterns and dry wells to try to fill that longing for acceptance and the emptiness inside my heart. Endless books and teachings and different prayers and meetings, striving for accpetance by man and endless rhetoric. I have got on the Christian roller coaster and it made me sick and empty and cold.
I worked and spent money and laboured for what could not satisy and my head hit the pillow once again in loneliness and exhaustion. What started as a whisper slowly turned into a scream.
On the last day of the feast, that great day Jesus stood up and cried out "Whoever beleives in me as the scriptures have said, out of His belly will flow rivers of living waters!"
Jesus cried out and that cry is still ringing in our souls 2000 years later, Iv tried so many things to run from that cry and keep myself occupied with Christian activities but now I feel that cry getting louder than I can ignore. "Come to me" He sais "Truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink His blood you have no life in you."
"Come to me." You who have no money can buy from Him wine and wilk without price, you who are poor in Spirit, mourn, and hunger and thirst for righteousness can be filled. It will cost you not money but you.
What Hes saying is "come". thats all we have to do. Just come and sit before Him you dont even have to talk. Sit before Him in the morning and late at night sit before Him in the quiet, or with some nice music playing, just sit before Him presenting yourself to Him, you are what He wants. Just come to Him by faith beleiving you are with Him. Just simply coming to Him I have had depthes of pleasure that words cannot describe

I pray that God would grant you the revelation of the person of Christ. I pray for the strength in the spirit to calm your soul and I pray for the patience to wait for Him. I pray for the HOly Spirit to woo you away from any "Christian" tasks, or striving and I pray the God of all comforts may capture your mind and heart in hours of waiting on Jesus

No comments: