Friday, June 20, 2008

reality check

back on the blog. What a couple days.
So Im working today and Im thinking on a few things and something just stuck out to me huge, I think its something that the Lord has been speaking to me lately but it really hit home hard today.
I was looking at our(the body of Christ) reaction to truth. We say almost whimsicaly "O yea the Holy Spirit is within me." and things like that....do we really know what were saying. When we look at truths in Gods word such as being saved from an eternal hell, having the Holy Spirit, the promise of inheriting the kingdom of God our reactions are so well....trite. This tells me either we:
A) dont believe it or
B) our hearts are still dull
Like when most people are saved they rejoice over being Gods child then over time they are looking here and there for something else to stimulate them. feeling unfulfilled at times we even look towards worldy entertainment. But God has wowed me lately with just His basic truths and beleive me they are enough to amaze and excite us for all generation.
I have the third person of God...inside me whooaaa!!!!!
Iv been saved from an eternal hell!!!!!!
I beleive we need our hearts awakened more and more each day to the beauty of these truths and they are enough to sustain us and excite us and keep us passionate and thankful for all eternity.
May God open up your heart and the eyes of your spirit to see these wonderful and powerful truths in deeper ways and may they become more and more real everday and may the beauty of the gospel saturate your very life and may you truly be a light in the world.

No comments: