Monday, June 8, 2009

so many people
so many cars
so many voices jumping out at me
and I took it all in
I internalized it all
I let it go down deep
till fish hooks grabbed me from the inside
til the voices of the masses followed me home
and wouldnt let me lie down
and would let me sleep
and wouldnt let me rest
I listened to every one of you i gave you my time
when Im with Him im on fire when Im with you im burnt out
so many long nights
so many long drives
Im longing just to know how long this goes on
Im running through this valley just dying to rest
spinning places
spinning faces
long stares and nightmares
and Im coming to the door
moved in such a way i could never imagine
I fought for the life thats inside of my soul
I fought day and night
fighting in the darkness I was never alone
tortured and broken may back on the ground
and eternity came flooding in, in the agony of beauty
in a rocky heart
in terrifying gentleness in a jagged soul
He poured in like a wind burning and shattering
something took ahold of me I cant control
theres something in his presence theres something in His power
ripping into time, i cant control whats inside
lifted up onto my feet I opened my eyes
to see the shattered peices of this dark reality come crashing around me

No comments: