Thursday, May 28, 2009

the cross, a faithful companion

We must never speak for ourselves to be faithful witness' (the greek word for witness is martyr). But to speak for God and all ourSELF to be offered up as sheep to the slaughter. Being found not in our own righetousness, defending ourself but instead seeking only the glory of God. Considering ourself of no reputation and worthy of nothing greater than to die for Jesus, sharing in His suffering, becoming like Him in His death on the cross as he said "forgive them Father they know not what they do." Like the chinese Christians when asked how they felt towards their persecution they joyously answered "Why should I be upset? This is the way of the cross." count it all joy when you fall into vaious trials. There is no place in following Jesus for discouragement. Through this light momentary affliction God is working an eternal weight of glory. So let us trust our spirit, soul and body to the care of the one who ordered the galaxies, thate HE will perfect what concerns us and all the sooner if we take our hands off. So to Him be the glory and the honor who in His grace has allowed us to be treasure chests carrying the life of Christ within us. Though they beat the and attack the vessel it only causes the life of Christ to pour out of us all the more.
So in my death I see life. He is an expert shepard who expertly drives His nails (Ecc12:11). A stone of stumbling and a rock of offense. Do not dispise the discipline of the Lord. Do not dispise the cross. In the cross, in the cross be my glory forever. It bekons you again. Why wait another day? Get on the cross, share it with Jesus and today you can be with Him in paradise. let me be found upon the cross when my saviour returns. And may my resistance to self, my resistance to self governance be unto the death and may it be as wheat falling to the ground. Every lost dream, every lost ambition, every forfeited pleasure of sin be a seed. let it be a sweet smelling aroma to God. True love is the giving up of your life for another.
May my shame be to your glory Jesus, as yours has been to mine. "You are my freinds because you have been with me in my trials." how deep the riches of the glory of the wisdom of God.

So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
and exchange it some day for a crown.

No comments: