Tuesday, March 3, 2009

to the faith of our fathers

I feel the waves crashing about me
I look up and see the stillness of the stars
Is it true that the light Im seeing is from the past
that it was pushed out by violent storms and heat?

I feel you in my trouble Jacob
Iv wrestled with you before
my father we're children marked from birth by our calling
travailing everyday to be born
is it true we're not so different me and you?
Im reaching up at the stars for you
Its the generations that keep me steady
When I look to the upward calling
I look up to the stars
and I see the past
Im a posterity
a child of your light
I look up and see your faces
now shinning in the firmament
every step I take is a prayer you prayed
out of joy, pain, death, and sorrow

Its the whisper of eternity that keeps drawing us to Him

No comments: