Thursday, February 19, 2009

whoever does the word of the Lord shall live by it.
I was questioned recently by someone about why I would paint a room in someones house for free. I asked "why wouldn't I?" they responded "you need to make a living." I simply said " I don't live by the work of my hands."
From there lost point of view this makes no sense. But the fact is I now live by faith and I dont rely on the work of my own hands to provide for myself. Like the two sons of adam: Cain and Abel, one brought the work of his hands and the other brought a sacrifice of faith.
This clearly is a picture of two kinds of people in the earth, one who trusts in himself and his abilities to provide for Himself and the other who trusts in the lord for his daily bread. Basically put: I don't receive my living from working, I receive my living from obeying the voice of God. This is not to say I don't work, I do, I work a full time job yet that is not the source of my provision. If all the jobs would be gone tomorrow I know as long as I obey the voice of my God I will always have my daily bread, this is the difference.
Oh Mr. Trump you got nothin' on a simple sparrow lol. That little sparrow has more faith than He does!! lol. So once again we have the tree of life(faith) vrs the tree of knowledge(works).

Just a few examples:
I gave away my van to a family who needed it and a short time later a pastor who didnt know my situation called me and said the Lord told Him in prayer to give His pathhfinder to me....
I have cheaper rent and cheaper insurance than I think anyone I know and Im under 25 (usually insc is quite high before 25)!
All the glory to God! how did this happen? I didnt even try to make these things happen all I did was seek the kingdom.
O yea one other thing the van I gave away was an answer to prayer the next day after my truck had broken down, again the person who gave had no knowledge of my need.

So I just wanted to share the goodness of the Lordwith you. Dont just trust Him with salvation, trust Him with everything!

No comments: